Reception and Appointment Enquiries

01423 566636

Referral/Insurance Enquiries

01423 569302

Non-NHS services

Insurances and Travel Cancellation

The NHS does not provide certain services such as private sick notes, insurance claims forms, passport photo verification, medical examinations to establish insurance risks or fitness for activities and some travel vaccinations. These services usually involve provision of information, which is not necessary for your health care, to third parties such as employers, insurance companies, regulatory authorities, etc.

Charges are made in line with BMA recommendations where allowed. Otherwise we charge a professional rate comparable to accountants, solicitors etc. Private medical examinations are not performed during normal surgery hours and special appointments must be made through reception.

Click on the link below to see our current list of non-NHS fees.  If there is a Non-NHS Service that is not on the list please contact us on 01423 569302.

Non-NHS Fees 2019

Sickness Certificates

You do not require a doctor’s sickness certificate for any illness lasting seven days or less. Your employer may however require you to complete a self-certification form (SC2) which is available from your employer or on the HMRC website.

Evidence that you are sick

If you are sick for more than seven days, your employer can ask you to give them some form of medical evidence to support payment of SSP (statutory sick pay).Your employer can ask you to confirm that you’ve been ill.You can do this by filling in a form yourself when you return to work. This is called self-certification.If you’re sick and off work for more than seven days, your employer will probably ask for proof of your illness. Most employers ask for a fit note from your GP.However, this will also depend on your employer’s company policy on sick leave (or sickness absence). This policy should tell you how many days you can be off sick before you need to provide proof of illness or a fit note.You could also provide evidence from someone who is not a medical practitioner, e.g. a dentist. Your employer will decide whether or not this evidence is acceptable. If your employer has any doubts, they may still ask for a medical certificate from your GP.

Statement of Fitness to Work (FIT Note)

Statement of Fitness for Work – ’Fit Note’The ‘fit note’ was introduced on 6 April 2010. With your employer’s support, the note will help you return to work sooner by providing more information about the effects of your illness or injury.For more information see the Gov.UK website (where this information was sourced).

Sicknote Letter For Schools

If your child’s school has requested a sick note from the GP’s to cover a sickness absence please see the letter above that can be given to the school as we are not obliged to provide sick notes for this purpose without a fee  being imposed as this is non-NHS work. Please print off the letter and give to your child’s school.

Letter for Schools – Sicknote

Translate »